Today’s game was a nine hole Single Stableford. Twenty-two players gathered around the first tee in perfect weather conditions. The group included three ladies, who were welcomed by President Rob.
Ross Bishop had been out early for the course setup including both men’s and ladies’ tees.
Our thanks to Ross for his work
A highlight of the day’s play was an Eagle 3 on the par 5 Seventh hole by Brenton Ford. A drive followed by a one iron to within 13 feet of the pin then sank the putt and by a first time player with Hickory.
Winner of the day was Dennis Brosnan with 19 points
Second was Doug Morel with 18 points and third place was Illija Soldan with 17 points.
The post game gathering included pizza and hot chips much appreciated by all. Phil spoke of forthcoming events in particular the September 1 AGM and the Toowoomba trip planned for 8/9 September.
Report by AT
Did You Know?
Some interesting facts about the Masters Golf Tournament.
(which was first played at Bobby Jones’s Augusta Golf Course in 1934)
1. Food prices are ridiculously low
2. Tipping is banned
3. Mobile phones and cameras are banned during the tournament.
4. All caddies must wear the Augusta Uniform ie a green hat and white jump suit.
5. All players are given a brand new Mercedes for use during the Tournament
6. Running is not allowed
7. Fishing is forbidden although the creek in front of the Twelfth Hole (is reported to be full of Bream).
8. There is a huge fence around the course to keep out animals and there has been only one deer citing in the last 65 years.
9. There is also a house located in the middle of the Augusta National Parking Lot because the owners continually refuse to sell.